We are delighted to welcome you to the Chautauqua Travels experience titled: Responding to a Changing Climate: Resilience and Adaptation in New Orleans from November 7 – 11, 2021. This program is made possible through a partnership between Chautauqua Institution and Academic Travel Abroad. This website is designed to provide you with easy access to helpful information about your trip. You can find information by clicking on the tabs at the top of each page. Some of the tabs at the top also have a drop-down menu with further information; these can be found by hovering over the primary tab.
To-Do Prior to Departure:
- Purchase Travel Insurance through our preferred insurance partner, Travel Insurance Services. A plan must be purchased within 21 days of your initial deposit in order to include a Pre-Existing Condition Waiver. We strongly suggest purchasing travel insurance to help protect your investment and provide you with financial recourse should you face trip cancellation or interruption due to sickness or quarantine.
- Submit your personal information, and acknowledge our Terms and Conditions, using our secure online system no later than Friday, September 3, 2021. The link to complete these forms can be found in the Welcome Email sent to you after you were confirmed on the trip. If you cannot find your Welcome Email, please contact your Guest Services Advisor and they will be happy to resend it.
- Read the COVID-19 tabs thoroughly so you know what to expect on your experience and how to prepare for your departure. The pandemic situation is evolving rapidly, so you can expect this information to be updated between now and your departure. Your Guest Services Advisor will contact you by e-mail whenever changes are made to this site.
- Submit your Informed Consent Waiver. You will receive a final up-to-date version by Tuesday, August 24, 2021. If you have an underlying health condition and will not have received your full vaccination dose before departure, please include a signed certification from your physician (ask your Guest Services Advisor for this form).
- Submit your Final Payment by Wednesday, September 8, 2021.
- Plan to get a COVID-19 test within three days prior to departure. More information about test requirements will be forthcoming.
Key Communications You’ll Receive
You’ll hear from us regularly by email in the coming months with reminders and helpful information. You can count on receiving these five key communications:
- A flight notification email with instructions for making flight reservations. You’ll receive this when the tour has reached the minimum number of travelers to operate – no later than two months prior to departure. Please do not make travel arrangements in conjunction with this tour before receiving these instructions!
- An email with outstanding items required for the trip. You’ll receive this between 90 and 60 days prior to departure.
- A final mailing sent via UPS that includes your final itinerary, hotel contact sheet, participant list, luggage tags and a name badge. This packet will also include updated information about COVID-related entry requirements for Louisiana. You’ll receive this about 3 to 4 weeks prior to departure.
- An email from your Tour Manager with last-minute trip instructions. This email will arrive a few days before departure.
Should you have any questions regarding this information or your trip, please contact your Guest Services Advisor, Grace Soriano via email at GSoriano@academic-travel.com or phone at 1-877-298-9677.