It is likely that your experience staying at a hotel will be different than before the pandemic. Operations will vary from hotel to hotel, but some changes you may experience during this time are listed below. To prepare for your arrival, we recommend visiting the websites of your hotels and reviewing their exact COVID-19 policies. You can find the names and websites of your hotels on the accommodations page.
- Temperature check and use of hand sanitizer upon entering the hotel
- Use of face coverings when in common areas (lobby, elevators, hallways, etc.)
- Social distancing in common areas (lobby, elevators, hallways, etc.) as noted on signage throughout the hotel. Floors may also be marked to promote one-way pedestrian flow in areas.
- Digital check-in and check-out through a web browser or app to limit contact with front desk agents
- Physical keys replaced by digital/mobile keys to eliminate the need for sanitation after every use
- Health screening and temperature checks upon check-in
- Social distancing while queuing at the reception desk
- Use of face covers in reception lines and common areas (lobby, elevators, hallways, etc.) and plexiglass barriers at the reception desk
- Staff may no longer escort you to your room and baggage may be delivered/picked-up with limited contact by the porter (e.g. they may leave bags outside of your rooms)
Updated Health and Cleaning Procedures
- Increased cleaning in guestrooms between guest stays. Be aware that this may prevent you from being able to check-in early.
- Increased cleaning in common areas with a focus on high-frequency touch points such as door handles, light switches, etc.
- Removal of extraneous items such as throw pillows, pamphlets, books, etc.
- Daily housekeeping may be limited during your stay
- Reduced seating in the lobby and common areas to promote social distancing
- Reduced or discontinued hours of room service, restaurant service, or bar/lounge service. For hotels with limited service, expect the use of digital menus.
- Reduced seating at hotel restaurants and bars and/or reservation-only seating
- Replacement of continental breakfast buffets with grab-and-go options or, alternatively, a discontinuation of continental breakfast completely
- Reduced or discontinued access to amenities such as spa services or fitness centers
Additional Measures You Might Consider During your Stay
- Do a quick wipe down of high-touch areas when you first enter the room
- Clean your hands with soap and water when you return to your room each day
- Open the windows in your room for ventilation
- If the hotel is not reducing daily housekeeping, you may wish to decline or limit housekeeping to restrict the number the people you’ll be in contact with. You can make this request with the front desk.
- If the hotel is not reducing amenities such as spa or fitness centers, consider skipping your visit to restrict the number of people you’ll come in contact with. If you do wish to use the spa or fitness center at the hotel, confirm that there are enhanced safety and cleaning protocols.