Avoiding Exposure to COVID-19 Prior to Travel
It is important for all travelers to maintain good health prior to traveling. Although the vaccine is currently being distributed, it will take some time for the entire population to become immunized. Until then, the best way to prevent illness is to avoid exposure to the virus. Please carefully review the most up-to-date CDC guidelines for protecting yourself and others. The guidelines include:
- Washing your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If you are not able to wash your hands with soap and water, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- If a member of your household contracts COVID-19, separate yourself as much as possible. When separation is not possible, wear masks when interacting and maintain 6 feet of distance between yourself and the person.
- While in crowded indoor public spaces wear a cloth face covering.
What to Do if you Are Experiencing Symptoms Prior to Travel
If you begin experiencing these symptoms in the weeks leading up to your departure, for your safety and the safety of others, please contact your doctor and get tested immediately. If you test positive for COVID-19, you will not be allowed to join the trip until subsequent testing comes back negative and you get clearance from a doctor. If you are exhibiting symptoms upon arrival, you will be asked to remove yourself from the group and get a doctor’s clearance in-country (at your own expense) in order to rejoin the group.
Please be advised that if entry to a destination requires COVID testing , we will tighten our procedures to be in compliance. Because country-specific entry and exit requirements change often, we will send detailed immigration requirements closer to the trip’s departure, no later than Tuesday, August 24, 2021 – 75 days prior to departure. Rest assured that we will assist you in this process, and we will try our best to make it as easy to understand as possible.