If you plan on extending your travel before or after your tour, it is important that you maintain the same safety precautions that we’ll be following during the core portion of your trip.
- If you are visiting additional destinations not on our itinerary, confirm that those locations do not have high infection rates and do not require quarantine upon arrival.
- Locate full-service hospitals, with ventilators, within 100 miles of your hotel.
- When making additional hotel reservations, confirm that the hotel has implemented enhanced health and safety practices such as increased cleaning procedures, social distancing for staff and guests, face coverings in common areas, etc.
- If you plan on extending your stay in New Orleans, we suggest staying at the hotels used on this tour as they have been carefully vetted by our team. Please contact your Guest Services Advisor about rates.
- When choosing sites to visit, check the hours of operation and whether advanced registration is needed. Many destinations have modified their hours (or closed entirely) due to the pandemic and printed guidebooks may be outdated. Also confirm that enhanced cleaning procedures have been implemented and social distancing can be practiced during your visit.
- When planning for your meals, check to ensure the restaurant is open and whether advanced reservations are required. Choose outdoor seating if available. Also confirm that enhanced cleaning procedures have been implemented and social distancing can be practiced during your meal. Alternatively, consider takeaway options that you can eat in your hotel room or room service where available.
Monitoring Your Health Before or After your Tour
If you are un-vaccinated and begin experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 while traveling before or after your tour, isolate yourself immediately and schedule a medical exam immediately. If you are staying at a hotel, you can call the front desk for assistance. Check if they have a physician onsite or ask for guidance for contacting local health authorities. Travel insurance companies often include a 24-hour assistance number in their benefits. This is another reason that we highly recommend purchasing optional trip insurance. If you must travel to a clinic or hospital, be sure to always wear a mask.
As soon as you are able, contact your Tour Manager or Guest Services Advisor.