We all have an important role to play in making this trip a reality. While our enhanced safety and health protocols have been established to maximize group safety regarding factors within our control, all travelers have a shared responsibility to follow our recommended guidelines to keep as healthy as possible during the tour. Please keep in mind that even if you have received your vaccine, you will be coming into contact with many people in the destination who may not have been vaccinated. Until there is clear evidence that asymptomatic spread by vaccinated individuals does not occur, we will continue to take strong safety precautions. By joining this program, you are pledging to make the following commitments to health and safety. By joining this program, you are pledging to make the following commitments to health and safety:
- Face Covering: You will wear a face covering at all times when you are in an enclosed public space, as well as on the motor coach throughout the tour. You will also wear a face covering whenever a 6-foot distance cannot be maintained between yourself and others. This applies both to group activities and to time on your own. This is required to ensure that your behavior during time at leisure does not affect the other members of the tour.
- Hand-washing: You will wash your hands before eating food, after using the restroom, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, and after touching publicly used surfaces. When hand washing is not possible, you will use hand sanitizer as an alternative.
- Daily Temperature Check: You will allow for your temperature to be taken and recorded daily or when needed.
- Self-isolation: You will isolate yourself from the group if you start feeling ill or have a fever, dry cough or other COVID-19-like symptoms.
- Medical Assessment: If you have not been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before the trip, you will seek medical attention to be assessed for COVID-19 if you have a fever, dry cough, or other COVID-19-related symptoms and will not re-join the group until you have received a negative test result.
All travelers must read and sign an Informed Consent Waiver prior to departure. This waiver ensures that all travelers understand the risk factors involved in traveling during the pandemic and the preventive measures that are expected to be followed during the program (noted above) to mitigate exposure to COVID-19. You will receive a final up-to-date version by Tuesday, August 24, 2021. All waivers should be submitted within 3 days of receipt, but no later than 65 days prior to departure, Friday, September 3, 2021. Failure to submit the waiver will result in your being excluded from the tour.
An additional signed certification is required from a physician for unvaccinated travelers at high risk of contracting severe COVID-19 due to one or more underlying health conditions (as listed in the form). Please review the risks associated with travel with your physician and then submit the certification with your waiver, stating that you have been made aware of the risks of traveling during COVID-19. Please ask your Guest Services Advisor if you are in need of this form.
On the first day of your tour, the Tour Manager will review the Traveler Commitment to Health and Safety with the group. All travelers will be asked to sign the pledge and reconfirm that they will comply with the commitments. Failure to comply with the safety commitments during the tour, will result in your being excluded from the tour.
We strongly suggest purchasing travel insurance to help protect your investment and provide you with financial recourse should you face trip cancellation, interruption or extension due to sickness or physician-imposed quarantine. When purchasing a policy, please consult with a trip insurance agent to review what COVID-19- related contingencies are covered. While ATA and Chautauqua Institution will do our best to recover any unused portion of your trip due to sickness, it is often the case that payments cannot be refunded.
Academic Travel Abroad has partnered with Travel Insurance Services to provide Travel Protection Plans to our travelers. For more information, visit our Travel Insurance page.